Supported Accommodation Manager (30 hours per week)
Supported Accommodation Manager
30 hours per week (includes shift work/on-call duties)
The Magdalene Group has been supporting people affected by sexual exploitation for over 20 years. We are pleased to be expanding our organisation, with an aspirational and therapeutic-supported accommodation service, called EnRoute, for young women 16+, affected by child sexual exploitation. We are pleased to be working in partnership with Victory Housing Trust to provide this brand new project.
This is an exciting opportunity to manage a home providing specialist and therapeutic services. We are looking for someone who can establish this innovative, caring therapeutic home; who has a thorough understanding of the needs of young people, and who will be able to lead a team to provide the best possible outcomes for young women.
Our approach is to work with the young women in a community setting, where they can learn how to keep themselves safe, receive specialised therapeutic support and develop self-esteem, whilst living somewhere welcoming, nurturing, homely and safe. We aim to build positive relationships and provide opportunities for the future.
We are seeking a highly motivated person, with a proven track record, who has the capacity to develop and launch this exciting new service; taking responsibility for recruiting and managing a team of staff, comprising house-mother, support workers and therapeutic workers.
The successful candidate will:
- have a sound understanding of the safeguarding legal framework for young people 16+ and compliance with local authority safeguarding procedures.
- ensure housing management policies and practices are effectively operated; to include maximisation of income, licence management and implementation of fair and equitable referral procedures.
- manage a value-based service, embedding the restorative approach and monitoring all delivery.
- demonstrate an awareness of health and safety regulations and procedures to minimise risk.
- maintain a high regard for young people, with the ability to relate successfully to individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, and to manage conflict situations.
Salary £26,500 – £28,500 FTE, plus 5% pension
Please return completed application forms to email@example.com or post to 61 King Street, Norwich, NR1 1PH.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 4th October 2017 : midday.
Interview date: Interviews will take place : Wednesday 11th/Thursday 12th October 201