Launch of the ROSE Campaign
17 June 2013
Friday 7th June saw the launch of our brand new campaign- Reaching Out on Sexual Exploitation. The Curve at The Forum was packed out with people from many different organisations as well as Bishop Graham who opened the event, The Lord Mayor, The High Sheriff, The High Sheriff of Norfolk and local MP’s.
The ROSE Campaign will offer a number of different services which include:
- Using social media platforms to reach young people at risk of online sexual abuse and to young girls entering into risky sexualised behaviour.
- Outreach service that goes to known hotspots where young people hang out.
- A befriending scheme to support ‘at risk’ young people and women.
- Work in schools to educate young people how to recognise potentially dangerous situations and how to protect themselves from exploitation.
- Listening and support to young people and women who feel they are being sexually groomed, coerced into sex work or at risk online through our telephone helpline 0808 800 1037 and live chat www.rosecampaign.org
Other photos of the Launch
Suzi Heybourne, Director closing the event
Chloe Smith, MP chatting to guests
The Lord Mayor Keith Driver and
The Sherrif Graham Creelman arriving
Bishop Graham opening the event