Keeping children safe online over the holidays
30 December 2019
Keeping children safe online over the holidays :
No doubt you’ll be working with a young person who has asked for some form of internet-enabled tech for Christmas.
Check out our blog https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/professionals/our-views/how-you-can-keep-young-people-safer-online-over-the-christmas-period for tips on how you can make sure that young people are safer online, over the Christmas period and beyond.
What parents can do:
• The Internet of Things: 9 ways of making your connected home more secure https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/articles/what-is-the-internet-of-things-iot
• Seasonal Netiquette: 5 new parenting rules for screen time and tech when families gather (Parent Info) https://parentinfo.org/article/seasonal-netiquette-5-new-parenting-rules
Coming up in 2020
The release of 4 new resources
• Send me a pic? A resource for 12-14 year olds that addresses issues related to the non-consensual sharing of nude images. Share our two new image sharing articles (Send me a pic? and When pics get shared around) for 11-13s in the meantime
• A set of lesson plans for 12-14 year olds to help prevent negative and harmful sexual behaviour
• A resource on online blackmail for 16-18 year olds
• A new website for 4-7 year olds linked to Jessie & Friends