Data Privacy Notice
23 May 2018
The Magdalene Group
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Data includes name, address, phone number or e-mail address.
Who are we?
The Magdalene Group values personal data and this notice gives you more information on what we do with your data and how we keep it safe. This is in accordance with The Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations.
For DPA and GDPR we are the data controller and any enquiry regarding the collection or processing of your data should be addressed to The Magdalene Group, 61 King Street, Norwich, NR1 1PH.
When we will collect your information
The Magdalene Group collects information from you in the following ways:
• When you contact us by phone, e-mail, in person or through our website to make a donation, register as a volunteer, apply for a job, register for our online newsletter and updates.
• When you use our website, we can collect information such as IP addresses, what pages were visited and what was downloaded. This helps us understand how people are using our website and how we can improve this. No personal data is available through this information.
Information we collect
Information we collect includes name, address, date of birth, phone number, e-mail address. Depending on the reason you are contacting us we may collect bank details and employment history.
To keep your information accurate and up to date please inform us of any changes
How we process your information
We will process your personal data on the basis of your consent. This could include sending you regular updates about our work, sending you information about job vacancies, providing information to you about volunteering and processing a donation including Gift Aid.
We will keep your information confidential and will never sell or pass on your information with any third parties.
We will share your information if there is a legal obligation such as processing Gift Aid with HMRC.
Keeping your information safe
We are committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. To do this we use a variety of procedures and technologies to help keep personal data secure and prevent unauthorised access. We review these methods on a regular basis to ensure that personal data is kept safe and secure.
If we suspect a data breach then there are procedures in place to respond to this. If a breach happens we will notify you.
Under the law we only keep personal data records for as long as is necessary.
In certain circumstances you have rights to your personal data. These include the following:
• The right to request a copy of the personal data we hold on you.
• The right to request us to make any amendments to your data where there are inaccuracies.
• The right to withdraw consent at any time.
• The right to ask us to erase all personal data where it is no longer necessary for us to process it.
• The right to object to the processing of personal data.
• The right to request a transfer of your personal data.
If you no longer wish to receive information from us, then you can let us know at any time by e-mailing email@example.com
Alternatively, you can use the unsubscribe link in the update e-mails we send you.
If you are unhappy about the way we are processing your personal data then in the first instance please contact The Magdalene Group, 61 King Street, Norwich, NR1 1PH.
You can contact the Information Commissioner Office
• By phone 0303 123 1113
• E-mail through their website www.ico.org.uk
• In writing to Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.